Entertainment One [ETO] acquires film, TV programmes and music content and exploits these rights in all media across a growing number of English speaking and continental European markets. It is currently operating in the UK, Europe, Canada and the US. The Board's strategy is to create a network of consolidated independent film content distributors in a traditionally fragmented market to offer producers an alternative to the major studios’ multi-territory distribution operations.
E1 has laid the foundations for expansion through a number of acquisitions and output deals:
- July 2007 - Acquisiton of UK-based Contender Entertainment Group, a leading independent distributor of content on DVD.
- August 2007 - Acquisition of Canada-based Seville Entertainment
- September 2007 - Major output deal with Hollywood studio, Summit Entertainment, the team responsible for blockbuster films including Mr and Mrs Smith, starring Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels and American Pie. E1 will exclusively distribute Summit’s film releases in Canada & the UK to Dec 2010 – an estimated 25 films over 3 years.
- January 2008 - Acquisition of Benelux-based RCV Entertainment BV.
- July 2008 - Acquisition of Canada-based television production and distribution companies, Barna-Alper, Blueprint and Oasis International together with Maximum, the Toronto-based international filmed content and distribution business.
- September 2008 - New four-year $150m credit facility led by JP Morgan providing additional capital for growth. Valuation of content library in excess of $175 million.
- January 2009 - Entertainment One rebrands, intergrating E1 Television, E1 Films, E1 Music and E1 Distribution.
- February 2009 - E1 Entertainment film and TV content became available on iTunes.
- May 2010 - Move to the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange expected to complete in July 2010
The Chief Executive is Darren Throop. The President of the Filmed Entertainment Division is Patrice Theroux.
For more information please visit: http://www.entertainmentonegroup.comBack